I don’t know about any of you, but I love red lips! Not necessarily on myself, but on other people, in magazines, in film, it really is a bold statement isn’t it? I am trying to wear red lips more often, it just takes a little confidence to be able to pull it off. So if any of you always wanted to wear red lips, but…
a) Didn’t have the confidence
b) Wasn’t quite sure how to apply
c) Was afraid of bleeding, and having to reapply and keep the look going for a long period of time
I’m hear to tell you, put those red lips on!!! You will look fabulous and everyone will think you’re freaking fabulous. And if you don’t feel like you’re pulling it off, FAKE IT, TILL YOU MAKE IT!
So here is what you’ll need:
– red lipstick of your choice ( I used ‘Russian Red’ by MAC)
– red lip liner that matches your lipstick (I used a no name red liner that I had in my school make up kit from George Brown)
– translucent powder
1) Start by applying your whole face, lipstick should be your last step. When you apply your concealer, make sure to apply it all over your lips as well. Applying concealer on your lips, sets a base for the lipstick, helping it last longer and avoid any bleeding.
2) Put translucent powder over your lips to set the concealer in place.
3) Apply lip liner on your lip line, careful not to go on the outside of your lip line, as it will make your lips look larger and out of proportion. The lip liner will not only stop the lipstick from bleeding, but it gives you a line to follow and stay within. You can almost look at as colouring and making sure you aren’t going outside of the lines.
4) Use a lip brush to apply the lipstick evenly, make sure you have a good amount on your brush.
5) Start from the middle of your lip and pull outwards. Same rules apply for top and bottom.
6) Make sure you have no lipstick on your teeth, and you are good to go!
And remember, work that red lip, you’re rockin’ it!
What look have you always wanted to do but are afraid to try?