Properly cleaning your make up brushes is just as important as the use of the tools in your every day makeup application. Washing your makeup brushes should be a regular part of your makeup routine. I know it seems lie a petty task and it does take up time. But it is extremely important to properly clean your brushes and do it regularly. Not cleaning your brushes can lead to clogged pores and breakouts. You may not realize this but makeup, dirt, oil and bacteria can get trapped in your brushes. If they are not cleaned on a regular basis that bacteria multiplies. Don’t worry though, this can all be avoided!
Cleaning your makeup brushes can be quick and easy, so don’t fret! On a daily basis you should be spraying your brushes with a daily brush cleanser. My personal favorite is BeautySoClean Brush Cleanser.
Now once a week your brushes should be thoroughly cleaned. A lot of people think that cleaning your brushes so regularly can actually ruin the quality of your brushes. It’s actually the opposite, not cleaning your brushes regularly is what is actually going to cause damage to your brushes.
So that you do not cause damage to your brushes when cleaning them make sure to use Baby Shampoo. Baby Shampoo is gentle enough to clean your brushes thoroughly without causing them damage.
How to thoroughly clean your brushes:
- run your brushes under lukewarm water to rinse the left over makeup residue
- squirt a dime sized amount of baby shampoo in the palm of your hand
- gently swirl the brush in the palm of your hand to work up a lather
- rinse the brush under lukewarm water until the brush and water run clear of any soap suds
- use a cloth to wipe the brushes dry, fixing the bristles and reshaping preparing to lay them out
- lay the brushes out to dry on a cloth
Keep in mind that the brushes will take a few hours to dry, so I would recommend that you clean your brushes after you have applied your makeup for the day.
More beauty cleaning tricks to come! Go on then, go clean those lovely makeup brushes!
What cleaning tricks would you like to learn next?